So, If you are one of the nexus users who are fed up with the new lollipop android you might be having questions like
So, if you are having issues and completely fed up with Lollipop then you can read the below tutorial to know how to switchback to kitkat from lollipop android nexus.
Downgrade/Switch Lollipop To Kitkat Android version on Nexus 5/7
Steps to Downgrade lollipop to Kitkat on nexus devices
- To downgrade to kitkat you have to download a file Android 4.4.4 Factory Image. To dowload it goto This link. Check your nexus model and see it in the list and click on the link given in front of your nexus model. Your download will be started.
- After downloading the image from the above step you have to install adb tools for this link. If you already have it installed on your computer you can skip this instruction.
- After downloading adb tools and unzip it and copy the factory image to it.
- Enable usb debugging by going into your nexus settings.
- After that you have to make sure that your nexus smartphone’s bootloader is unlocked.
- If your nexus boot loader is not unlocked you can follow this steps otherwise skip this step. Turn off your Nexus mobile and Press and Hold Power + Volume Down button to enter into Fastboot menu. Now Connect your Nexus with your pc. Go to ADB Tools folder, Now in the ADB Tools folder Hold Shift and Right Click on the free space of Windows Explorer Window. Select Open Command Window Here and Ones the command window is opened enter this command fastboot oem unlock. Now press the Volume Up button to accept the command and Power button to confirm the action. After doing this you will have you nexus model boot loader unlocked.
- Now Turn Off Your nexus.
- After switching off, you have to Press Power + Volume Down button to enter into the Fastboot menu then you will enter to Recovery mode. You have to use Volume button to navigate and Power button to confirm the action.
- Wipe Cache Partition And press power button to select it.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset.
- Now connect your nexus to pc via usb cable.
- After connecting usb open ADB tools on pc and search for flash-all.bat file and double click on it.
- After this a process will be started wait for it to complete after that your nexus will restart automatically and you will have kitkat on your mobile.
- If it boots Then you Have successfully Downgraded lollipop to Kitkat on nexus.